Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Family Fun

My family all came into town on Friday afternoon. It is the first time my whole family has been together since our wedding. Well, the whole family minus Jason. Jason was still in Cleveland. Of course the weather did not want to cooperate this weekend. On Saturday and Sunday it seemed to rain most of the time. Well my mom took advantage of having all of us in the same location so on Saturday morning we had fun family pictures. Jason will have to go into the studio when he gets back in town and be photo-shopped into the picture. We than had some lunch, some of us took a nap and went to The Clarke Planiterium. (spelling?)

I think the dogs were a little tired.....
The other dog in the pic is my parents dog, Missy. We watched her at our house since my parents condo did not take dogs. She did NOT like our dogs at all!!

After the Planiterium, my mom, sister, and I had dinner while the boys went to the Priesthood session for General Conference.
Than on Sunday we went up to Park City (where my parents stayed) and rode the Alpine Coaster. We wanted to also ride the Alpine Slide, but they couldn't get the Slide dry enough. I had never been on the Alpine Coaster and it actually was pretty fast and pretty fun. Here are some photos from the slide: (we had an amazing view too!)



view as we got on the Alpine Coaster


more of the view....

My feet were FREEZING as we headed up the mountain...I should have worn shoes...it is October!!


Brady heads down the slide

More view of the beautiful surroundings.


and more view....







Craig zooms by....

On Monday morning, Craig had to head back to school at the school down south (the "Y"), and Mindi had to head back to New Mexico for school. So on Monday my mom, dad, Brady, and I ran some errands. On Tuesday we headed up to Millcreek Canyon for a hike since it was such a beautiful day. Here are some pics from our hike:

The colors of the leaves have started to change


Brady


The trail on our hike


what a view!






Brady, mom, and dad on our hike


Jason finally got home late Tuesday night just in time to see Brady off. Than this morning, Jason and I headed down to Provo and met up with my grandma, Brady, and my mom and dad at the Missionary Training Center to say good-bye to Brady. He will be serving the LDS Church for 2 years in Mexico.
Brady, my dad and mom, and Craig outside the MTC

My dad, Brady, Craig, Grandma, me, and Jason

time to go...

Dad and Brady just inside the MTC
And now that Jason is finally home, it is my turn to leave. Tomorrow morning I leave to go to Albuquerque to visit Cari and see the Balloon Fiesta until Monday morning!! Maybe someday soon my husband and I will be together for more than a few days....

3 comments:

Marci said...

How fun to see pics of all your family :-)!

Nicole said...

It's so fun to see pictures of your family! I can't believe your brothers are so old! What a fun mission. Brady's gonna love it!

BTW...I tagged you. Look at my blog; you'll know what to do.

John, Amanda and Clara said...

It is beautiful up in park city! I love fall! I hope you are having fun in NM!