Sunday, September 7, 2008

I finished my first 10k!!!

So this weekend I accomplished a huge goal of mine--running a 10k! I decided to start running about the beginning of June and for those of you that know me--I am NOT a runner nor have I EVER been a big runner. Well-I finished the race-not as fast as I would have liked--but none the less--I finished. The race was held at the University of Utah and the campus is known for its' lengthy and steep hills. The hills just about killed me!! I think one of my favorite parts (besides being done) was AB and Queenie coming back and finishing the last 400 meters with me (probably to make sure that I didn't give up since I probably looked like hell). But crossing that finish line sure felt good. No photos will be posted for 2 reasons: 1. Jason forgot the digital camera and all photos were taken on a disposable and 2. Photos are too incriminating. Call me crazy--but I am already looking for a second race--preferably one WITHOUT hills!!


Well after the morning "jog", AB and I went to the Utes football game against UNLV. GO UTES!!
















We beat the Rebels!! 2-0 BAby!! BCS busters here we go again!!


Well we had taken Guss with us to the run on Saturday morning and by the end of the morning he was BEAT!! I am sure he slept the rest of the day Saturday and even got spoiled enough to sleep with us Saturday night in our bed. This is how I found Gus Sunday morning before heading out for church...

















Did he think he was going to simply blend in???

1 comment:

Marci said...

Congrats on finishing the 10k! That's quite an accomplishment! A 5k is the most you'll ever get out of me. The picture of Guss with all the little stuffed dogs is SO cute!!!