Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween

Neither Jason or I really get into Halloween so the only real excitment this year was our pot-luck at work. Jason decided that we each should bring something to work (we work together). So he decided that he would make a cake. Now this cake would come from a pre-made mix out of a box--NOT made from scratch. After letting the cakes cool for awhile, Jason took them out of the no-stick bakeware and tried to frost them. The cake completely crumbled and Jason couldn't figure out why. Now how do you mess up a cake that is already pre-made?? Here is a picture of the end result....(minus one piece missing).




And since everyone is dying for more pics of my cute dogs...

Lastly, I will be having a Lia Sophia party at my house this Friday, November 7th at 6pm. Everyone is invited to come and also bring friends. If you have never been to one of these parties, it is for jewelry. Check out http://www.liasophia.com/ to see all these wonderful jewelry. I have several pieces already, and I absolutely love them. And even better, there is a lifetime warranty on each piece (even if you change your mind and don't like the piece any longer!!) Just let me know if you are coming so I plan enough snacks and beverages for everyone!!

fyi--for those of you who live outside Utah and still would like to get som awesome jewelry...send me an email or a comment and I will put you in contact with the rep. I need all orders by November 14th.

1 comment:

T said...

Somewhere on the cake box or icing, apparently in an undetectable place, are the words "LET THE CAKE COOL COMPLETELY!!" I don't even want to admit how many cakes I've ruined before I figured that out. One time was actually using the icing as glue to put back the pieces that pulled up. It was a mess. I'm impressed he made the cake at all! That's awesome!