Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving complete with good food, good friends, and good family. We had a not so traditional Thanksgiving this year. We decided to stay at our house and host all the couples (or individuals) who didn't have any family in town to go to.

But before the buffet of food could start, Leslie and I ran a 6k race up City Creek Canyon, which is right by the capital. The race actually started on the east side of the capital. There were a few crazy people dresses up very festive. It definetly wasn't my best run, but it was still fun and a good way to start out a day of eating.
The state capital





The Indian and the Turkey...but seriously these guys finished so fast!

The race is done....time to EAT!


Everyone that came for dinner was in charge of some food item. Jason was in charge of the turkey. There was only one minor setback. He did NOT want to take the guts out of the turkey. He just about REFUSED to. It's a good thing my brother came down from Provo to eat with us cause he had the job to take out the "guts" and butter the turkey. I wish I would have gotten a picture of this special occasion, but I missed it. He would have made my mom proud. Here are the boys preparing the turkey:

Jason and Craig getting the turket ready

Jason stuffs the turkey


Craig cleaning out the turkey


In order to make sweet potato biscuits, you have to roll out the dough. Well, we don't have a rolling pin, but we do have wine bottles!!
Once everyone arrived we their assignment, we had quite the "feast!" Also, Ben and Leslie brought over Izzy for Dash and Gus to play with. By the time dinner was ready, they were too tired to even beg for food. They all sat and slept on the couch while we ate.

Our lovely turkey!! It turned out SOOO good!

Our feast!!


DIG IN everyone!! From left to right...Ben, Craig, Tanya, Mike, Ashley, Leslie

Izzy all tuckered out
Gus looks so comfy!
Dash is in his usual spot...
Dash's other favorite spot....
All tuckered out from the yummy food!!
I would just like to say that I am so thankful for my amazing life. My amazing families, my amazing friends, my fun loving dogs, my house, my job, and lastly (but not least) my amazing husband who loves me unconditionally. Happy Holidays everyone!!

2 comments:

Bowdens said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! We had a couples dinner out in Hawaii when we were first married and it was so fun! Glad you had a good day!

TheMerkelFamily said...

Ohhhhh-this makes me miss you so much more! I love you and am so glad you had a beautiful Thanksgiving! I am soo very thankful for my bff!