Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fondue....more like fond DON'T!

So for the first time in a long time, I was SICK on Valentine's Day. There is some nasty bug going around the office and even has a co-worker hospitalized. Well, I wasn't going to let a little cold get my day down. First thing in the morning, my sister in law, Alex, and I went to Marie Calendars to have breakfast with our favorite neices--Madi, Tori, and Elle.


















Alex and Tori




















All my favorite neices


After breakfast, I told Jason that for his Valentine's present that he could go pick out a new WII game since we had been budgeting lately and Wii games got cut out of the budget. Of course, he picked Tiger Woods 2009. After getting his game, I took a nice little nap and spent some time reading my newest book--The Appeal by John Grisham. (I know what you are thinking--we are so romantic! :)) Earlier on in the week, Jason and I decided to stay in on Valentines Day and have fondue for dinner. So after my nap, Jason started getting the main dish ready--garlic bread, cauliflower, and chicken with chesse fondue. We both tried to take a couple of bites so that the other person didn't feel bad, but never one of us could handle it. It was DISGUSTING!! We ended up having Wendy's $.99 menu for our Valentine's Dinner. Later that night, Jason's mom came over (she was in town visiting) and we made chocolate fondue and dipped a variety of fruits into the fondue. That fondue was much better--but still not so enjoyable. I guess we tried! After the chocolate mess, Jason, me, and his mom played a few rounds of Rumicube and I kicked everyones trash!! Also for Valentine's Day, my lovely husband picked out some sunflowers for me. Sunflowers are my absolute favorite!! and got me a massage to use when I felt up to it.

Even though dinner didn't work out and I was sick, it was still probably one of my favorite valentines cause there was no stress involved and we got to enjoy each other all day long (well except for the breakfast time). I LOVE YOU SUNSHINE!!

No comments: