Wednesday, September 22, 2010

1/2 marathon done!!!

So little man turned nine months on last Sunday! Apparently he is shocked too!!!




He is definetly getting more and more mobile. He even managed to crawl right out of his pants!!


Another new trick we learned is to climb up the stairs! We had just put our baby gates in when we discovered that he was halfway up the stairs (the gate was at the top so he didn't fall down-we didn't know or think he could climb up yet)


The dogs are not a big fan of the gates.....


This past weekend Jason, Carter, Ben, Leslie (and Izzie) and I traveled down to Cedar City so that Leslie and I could run our first half marathon! Leslie did awesome (you can see her finish time). I didn't run quite as fast, but I did finish and ran more than half of the race. It definetly feels good to have finished and to accomplish a goal I never thought I would.



Izzie and Carter waiting for momma to finish the race


All done and EXHAUSTED!!!!

After the race, we cleaned up, grabed some Chili's to go and went to the park to have some lunch. Than Jason, Carter, and I headed down to my Grandma's house. We went and visited my grandpa and than played for the rest of the afternoon. Carter LOVED chasing around this remote control car. He definetly was worn out by the end of the day!


Last night while Leslie and I were at a movie, Jason found Carter trying to play the piano. For those of you that know my husband well...this meant sooo much to him.
We've got another couple of busy weeks ahead of us. Jason's buddy Steve gets married on Friday than next weekend my family is here and the weekend after that we are going to Albuquerque to see the Balloon Fiesta. If life could just slow down for a few months.....
And if anyone knows of a cheap 10k at the end of October let me know.

No comments: