Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pumpkin Bread

I love fall! I love the changing colors, the cooler weather (but not too cold), the smells, the food, everything about fall. And I think I like it more this year cause it means Carter is closer to being here.
Anyways, last night I tried a new reciepe--Pumpkin Bread. It is amazing!! I am not trying to take credit for the reciepe--I just don't remember where I found it. Pretty easy--just takes too long in the oven....and healthy people beware---not the healthiest snack :)

Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients:
2 cups canned pumpkin puree
3 cups sugar
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
3 1/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon ground cloves

step 1: pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, water, oil, and eggs. Beat together until mixed well.

step 2: In a seperate bowl sift together, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and cloves.

step 3: slowly mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients beating until smooth.

step 4: grease 2 9x5 inch loaf pans. Pour the batter into the 2 loaf pans evenly divinding the batter between the 2. Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool.

****I did reciepe without ground cloves and I don't think it made a difference

ENJOY AND HAPPY FALL!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That pumpkin bread sounds so yummy and just right for this time of year!
You are getting so close to the end! I'm excited for you. You'll make a great mom.

John, Amanda and Clara said...

Ah cmon, it's pumpkin right? That's healthy!